Friday, July 30, 2010

Bento Take 2

My second bento-style lunch. Same container, a lot of the same foods...just presented a little differently :)

Still getting the hang of packing and presentation (although, to be honest, a little part of me sometimes thinks 'what's the point?' if I'm the only one who's going to see this before I eat it), hopefully things will get better as I go along.

Without further ado, Bento #2:

In this lunch, I've got:
  • Turkey and Swiss sandwich on a Wheat Sandwich Round (I love these! The only thing that gets me is that I'm the only one in the house who eats them, and sometimes the 'best by' date is only like 5 days from when I buy them! They don't seem to go bad though, so maybe this is okay?)
  • More strawberries! These go quickly in our house.
  • Baby carrots
  • Goldfish crackers (I was sucked into the '1/3 serving of vegetables in every serving!' gimmick. So maybe I'm getting about 1/6 serving of veggies out of them here?)
  • Angel food Cake as a treat to eat with the strawberries
  • My favorite: veggie sticks :)


xx

1 comment:

  1. I've found that with the sandwich thins, you can freeze them.
    If you freeze the package and let pull the sandwiches out one at a time, they thaw in less than 10 minutes. They last until you use them all and they are just as good as fresh!

    ReplyDelete