Saturday, August 21, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
- bisquick biscuits
- the last frozen mac n cheese cup (on my to do list this weekend!)
- mashed potato balls? not sure what else to call them, just fried mashed potatoes
- red beet egg, salad, broccoli, carrots
This is my meatless bento for the week :) and also my What's For Lunch Wednesday entry! Check out the other lunches here!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
We made meatballs for dinner one night in the crockpot, and I asked to leave a couple out so I could put them in a lunch. Then I made some penne the night before, and put the two together with a little container of spaghetti sauce on the side.
Also in this bento:
- Bisquick biscuits (at this rate, I'll be out by the end of band camp)
- One of the last few egg rolls still in the freezer
- Red beet egg (We're not going to make it to market this week! I'm so upset, I love packing these in my lunch!)
- lots of grapes and an apple on the side
In this lunch:
- salad with leftover chicken, some broccoli and carrot flowers
- bisquick biscuits
- apple, some cherries, almonds, red beet egg
4 days down, 4 to go! I have the sock tan to prove it.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
- little ham and cheese flower sandwiches
- potato 'chips' (cut/baked them myself, didn't get very crispy but were still good)
- salad with carrot and red beet egg
- some goldfish and apple
Band Camp Bento:
- bisquick biscuits with cheddar and a slice of pepperoni. The cheddar was heart shaped too, but I microwaved them to make the cheddar stick, and it lost shape.
- salad and grapes
- red beet egg, apple, soft pretzel bites.
The camp bento took me about fifteen minutes, with prep the night before (cutting the cheddar and pepperoni and putting them with the biscuits), and it's actually one of my favorites. Maybe because all the cheese and pepperoni is so bad for me! ;)
Or because it actually somewhat resembles a bento lunch for once! Either way, this is going to be my link over on What's for Lunch Wednesday! :)
2 days of band camp down, 7 more (and 7 lunches!) to go.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Bottom row: part of a homemade baguette with turkey and lettuce
Top row: Carrots in dip, watermelon, Broccoli
Check out other Muffin Tin Meals here :)
In other news, today was the first official all-day band camp. Phew. I survived with a bit of sunburn, some wonky sock tan, and sore feet (better sneakers in my future). This morning's bento took me less than twenty minutes, with some minimal prep last night:
Turkey/lettuce/mayo sandwich on more baguette, with broccoli and watermelon, a red beet egg, grapes underneath sun chips. YUM.
Yes, it's pretty similar to the muffin tin meal. Can you tell I'm trying to use up certain foods? ;)
I've got the guinea pig running around here on the desk just begging for attention, so adorable.
What's in my quick lunch bento?
- Turkey/Mayo/Romaine wrap with pre-cut carrot flowers
- Grapes and a red beet egg
- Sweet Potato Fries! I was hoping they'd get crispy, but instead they just got dark :) still good though!
XXToday we officially went shopping for 'Back to School' supplies. It's dawning on me that the summer is coming to a close! I'm looking forward to the schedule and structure of school, but I also like having the kitchen all to myself over the summer ;)
Over the next two weeks, I'm going to finish testing all my freeze-ahead quick-bento foods, hopefully get my bento box (fingers crossed, remember?) and get ready for school (that means finishing the summer homework I haven't touched yet).